Crab-Stuffed Mini Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- CRAB FILLING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs completely.
- 3. For filling, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, salt, dill, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl. Fold in the crab. Fill bottom halves of puffs; replace tops. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 302 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Mini Puffs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.