Crab-Stuffed Marinated Mushrooms Recipe
“This recipe was given to me by a friend and I've made it many times over the years,” writes Shirley Doyen from Yorba Linda, California. "It's easy, quick to put together and always well-liked.” Who'd guess that it's lower in fat, too?
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Remove mushroom stems; discard or save for another use. Place mushroom caps in a large resealable plastic bag; add Italian dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the egg, crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice. Drain and discard marinade; stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture.
- 3. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 lean meat.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Marinated Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC