“This is always a hit when my husband and I bring them to parties. They're especially great for sporting events and always seem to compliment the other food being served," says Susan Dugat of Rockport, Texas.
- 24 large jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 turkey bacon strips, halved widthwise
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds and membranes; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder until blended. Stir in crab and cheese.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe filling into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Jalapenos in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p37
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review