“This is always a hit when my husband and I bring them to parties. They're especially great for sporting events and always seem to compliment the other food being served," says Susan Dugat of Rockport, Texas.
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 24 large jalapeno peppers
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 turkey bacon strips, halved widthwise
- Cut stems off jalapenos; remove seeds and membranes; set aside. In a
- small bowl, beat the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic
- powder until blended. Stir in crab and cheese.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of
- the bag. Pipe filling into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of
- bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50
- minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed pepper equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 lean meat.