Crab-Stuffed Flounder with Herbed Aioli Recipe
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 6 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; gently fold in crab. Cut fillets in half widthwise; place six halves in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon crab mixture over fillets; top with remaining fish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 20-24 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, combine the aioli ingredients. Serve with fish. Yield: 6 servings.
1 stuffed fillet with 2-1/2 teaspoons aioli: 276 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 45g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Flounder with Herbed Aioli
"I changed the recipe and used already prepared crab cakes as the stuffing.Very Good"
"This was a very nice tasting dish. I'm not sure I was too thrilled with the egg substitute. I may leave that out next time or make a substitution. Husband loved it. It is not something you want any leftovers from. It is terrible re-heated. The egg substitute is the only reason I did not rate it 5-star."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.