Here's a perfectly elegant entree for you and someone special. They'll be impressed with the flavor…you'll love that it's so fast and easy! —Shane Harris, Abingdon, Virginia
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat, cheese, onion and butter.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Cut a horizontal slit through each steak to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side, forming a pocket. Fill with 1/2 cup crab mixture. Secure with kitchen string if necessary.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Filet Mignon in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p41
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Filet Mignon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review