Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set whites aside. In a large bowl, mash yolks. Stir in the crab, mayonnaise, celery, almonds, green pepper and salt. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 208 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
"Traditional deviled eggs have mustard and a yellow hue. These were void of both. But the flavors, once married and paired with the egg whites, were OUTSTANDING! I did not have crab, but I did have a can of chopped clams. I can only imagine how wonderful that would be. I'd even be up for trying other small cans of fish (sardines, smoked oysters, tuna, etc). Your mouth and guests will be happy!"