Crab-Stuffed Cones Recipe
Wonton wrappers form crunchy little horns filled with a creamy mixture of canned crab and plenty of dill in these savory sensations.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1. Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface with one corner facing you; roll into a cone. Cut the open end with a sharp scissors until edge is even. Place a 1-in. foil ball in opening. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the butter, 1/2 teaspoon dill and garlic salt. Brush over horns. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove foil balls.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice and remaining dill until blended. Fold in the crab.
- 4. Transfer to a pastry or plastic bag; cut a hole in the corner. Pipe into cooled horns. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 244 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC