Crab-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with crab. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and basil. Roll chicken in crumb mixture; set remaining mixture aside.
- 2. Place chicken in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Turn the chicken; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and cook for 2-3 longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; heat, uncovered, for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with imitation crabmeat and part-skim mozzarella; calculated without pasta) equals 328 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,165 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.