"My family was not big on fish...until I made this dish," Joy McConaghy from Moline, Illinois notes. She stuffs catfish fillets with a delicious mixture of crabmeat, cheese, seasoned bread crumbs and mayonnaise.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 catfish or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut each fillet in
- half widthwise; place two halves in a greased 8-in. square baking
- dish. Press crab mixture onto fillets; top with remaining halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 22-26
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving: 1 stuffed fillet (prepared with plain bread crumbs, reduced-fat cheese, reduced-fat butter, reduced-fat mayonnaise and calculated without salt) equals 437 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 48 g protein.