"My family was not big on fish...until I made this dish," Joy McConaghy from Moline, Illinois notes. She stuffs catfish fillets with a delicious mixture of crabmeat, cheese, seasoned bread crumbs and mayonnaise.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 catfish or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut each fillet in half widthwise; place two halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Press crab mixture onto fillets; top with remaining halves. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 22-26 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Catfish in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review