- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 catfish or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut each fillet in half widthwise; place two halves in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Press crab mixture onto fillets; top with remaining halves. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 22-26 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Catfish
Sort By :
I have served this before, and it is delicious. My husband loves it.
What's a good dessert to serve with this?