Crab-Stuffed Baby Portobellos Recipe
- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter for 5 minutes or just until tender. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until garlic is golden. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, Romano, parsley, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Fill mushroom caps with crab mixture; place in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic salt.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 57 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Baby Portobellos
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.