- 1 pound baby portobello mushrooms
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Finely chop stems.
- In a large skillet, saute chopped mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter for 5 minutes or just until tender. Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until garlic is golden. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, Romano, parsley, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Melt remaining butter; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Fill mushroom caps with crab mixture; place in baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garlic salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Baby Portobellos in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Baby Portobellos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review