We enjoy having this creamy and crunchy salad out on our deck on summer evenings. And it goes together in minutes flat! —Gail VanGundy, Parker, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon onto avocado
- halves. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise) equals 262 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.