We enjoy having this creamy and crunchy salad out on our deck on summer evenings. And it goes together in minutes flat! —Gail VanGundy, Parker, Colorado
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon onto avocado halves. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Avocados in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Avocados
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"Excellent as a light dinner. Serve w/ a hunk of French bread. Yummy."
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2011
"Only change I made was add a little fresh dill, dill is amazing with seafood!"