Crab-Stuffed Artichokes Recipe
- 4 medium artichokes
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a sharp knife, level the bottom of each artichoke and cut 3/4 in. from the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off tips of outer leaves; brush cut edges with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Stand artichokes in a Dutch oven; add 2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until leaves near the center almost pull out easily.
- Invert artichokes to drain. With a spoon, carefully scrape out the fuzzy center portion of artichokes and discard.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, cheese, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, salt and remaining lemon juice. Gently spread artichoke leaves apart; fill with stuffing.
- Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish; add 1/2 in. of warm water. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and leaves near the outer edge pull out easily. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Artichokes in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Artichokes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review