Crab Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers or vegetables
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. To serve chilled, cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. To serve warm, spoon into a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without crackers or vegetables) equals 146 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Spread
"Made this as written. We have eaten it cold as well as hot. Everyone likes this and changes are not needed! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Delicious. Went over big at work pitch in"
"Used artificial crab. Much easier than picking through canned crab to get rid of cartilage, and no loss of taste/texture.One star lost for this and lack of precise warming time.Found flavour to be near perfect... Would maybe add a little Worcestershire sauce next time, but not much!"
"I SEE SOMEONE ADDED HORSE RADISH, YUM. THAT MAY DO THE TRICK. I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO WASTE IT BUT PUT IT IN SOME SOUP LIKE CLAM CHOWDER."
"I'M SORRY. I DID NOT FIND THIS RECIPE TO HAVE MUCH FLAVOR AT ALL, UNTIL I ADDED SPICES, LIKE OLD BAY SEASONING AND CAYENNE PEPPER. I REALIZE THAT CRAB DOESN'T HAVE A LOT OF FLAVOR BUT I COULDN'T TASTE SEAFOOD AT ALL, AND AFTER SPENDING 2.99 ON A TUNA SIZED CAN WASN'T WORTH IT, AGAIN, SORRY."
"Made this for Christmas and didn't last verylong."
"My wife made this recipe for the family on Christmas Eve, and it was hard for me to consider any other food. This dish is A. MA. ZING. Definitely going to become a regularly-made dish. :-)"
"Quick to make and delicious. My guests couldn't get enough. Definitely a keeper!"
"Simply put .... there will be NO left-overs."
"i have used the fake crab and its still wonderful. glass of wine and the crab spread is a great dinner"
"Not bad but I have a similar recipe and it calls for horseradish, adds a nice little kick along with some old bay."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.