- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers or vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. To serve chilled, cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with paprika.
- To serve warm, spoon into a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Spread
"Made this as written. We have eaten it cold as well as hot. Everyone likes this and changes are not needed! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Delicious. Went over big at work pitch in"
"Used artificial crab. Much easier than picking through canned crab to get rid of cartilage, and no loss of taste/texture.One star lost for this and lack of precise warming time.Found flavour to be near perfect... Would maybe add a little Worcestershire sauce next time, but not much!"
"I SEE SOMEONE ADDED HORSE RADISH, YUM. THAT MAY DO THE TRICK. I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO WASTE IT BUT PUT IT IN SOME SOUP LIKE CLAM CHOWDER."
"I'M SORRY. I DID NOT FIND THIS RECIPE TO HAVE MUCH FLAVOR AT ALL, UNTIL I ADDED SPICES, LIKE OLD BAY SEASONING AND CAYENNE PEPPER. I REALIZE THAT CRAB DOESN'T HAVE A LOT OF FLAVOR BUT I COULDN'T TASTE SEAFOOD AT ALL, AND AFTER SPENDING 2.99 ON A TUNA SIZED CAN WASN'T WORTH IT, AGAIN, SORRY."