- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers or vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. To serve chilled, cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with paprika.
- To serve warm, spoon into a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Crab Spread
Sort By :
Delicious. Went over big at work pitch in
Used artificial crab. Much easier than picking through canned crab to get rid of cartilage, and no loss of taste/texture.
One star lost for this and lack of precise warming time.
Found flavour to be near perfect... Would maybe add a little Worcestershire sauce next time, but not much!
I SEE SOMEONE ADDED HORSE RADISH, YUM. THAT MAY DO THE TRICK. I THINK I'M NOT GOING TO WASTE IT BUT PUT IT IN SOME SOUP LIKE CLAM CHOWDER.
I'M SORRY. I DID NOT FIND THIS RECIPE TO HAVE MUCH FLAVOR AT ALL, UNTIL I ADDED SPICES, LIKE OLD BAY SEASONING AND CAYENNE PEPPER. I REALIZE THAT CRAB DOESN'T HAVE A LOT OF FLAVOR BUT I COULDN'T TASTE SEAFOOD AT ALL, AND AFTER SPENDING 2.99 ON A TUNA SIZED CAN WASN'T WORTH IT, AGAIN, SORRY.
Made this for Christmas and didn't last very