- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream. Stir in the crab, spinach, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. In a skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add to the spinach mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Crab-Spinach Egg Casserole
"Made this for Easter Brunch; excellent - family loved it! The only thing I changed was the crab; I used fresh shelled snow crab instead of canned and more of it than the recipe called for. I will, for sure, make this again."
"by skipping the cheese and bread crumbs and changing the half/half to skim milk, I lowered the glycemic index. Delicious with a capital D"
"this is so good, I have family members with fish allergies so I subsitute asparagus or broccoli instead of"