I've developed a strong interest in cooking over the years. As a matter of fact, I came up with this casserole as a special breakfast for our daughter when she was home for a visit. —Steve Heaton, Deltona, Florida
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream. Stir in the crab, spinach, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg; set aside. In a skillet, saute the celery, onion, red pepper and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add to the spinach mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Spinach Egg Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p158
Reviews for Crab-Spinach Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review