Everybody loves the rich, comforting soup that's a tradition in the South. It is brimming with crab and has a smooth texture.—Regina Huggins, Summerville, South Carolina
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 6 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine crabmeat and sherry; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended; gradually add milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cream and crab mixture; heat through. Sprinkle servings with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab Soup with Sherry in Fall Recipe Card Collection 2013
Reviews for Crab Soup with Sherry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review