You'll look forward to spending time with kids and making these adorable sandwiches. Kids not fond of crabmeat? Fill sandwiches with tuna or chicken salad or any deli meat they'll eat. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 small red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 4 croissants, split
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 package (8 ounces) flake-style imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chop 1/2 cup pepper and 2 tablespoons onion; set aside for filling. From remaining peppers, cut four sets of claws and legs. Cut four thin slices of remaining onion for mouths.
- Cut eight thin slices of egg white. Using toothpicks, attach egg slices and olive halves to tops of croissants for eyes. Tuck in parsley for eyelashes.
- In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, lemon juice and reserved red pepper and onion. Spoon onto croissant bottoms; replace tops. Add the claws, legs and mouths. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p11
Reviews for Crab Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review