You'll look forward to spending time with kids and making these adorable sandwiches. Kids not fond of crabmeat? Fill sandwiches with tuna or chicken salad or any deli meat they'll eat. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 small red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 4 croissants, split
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 package (8 ounces) flake-style imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chop 1/2 cup pepper and 2 tablespoons onion; set aside for filling.
- From remaining peppers, cut four sets of claws and legs. Cut four
- thin slices of remaining onion for mouths.
- Cut eight thin slices of egg white. Using toothpicks, attach egg
- slices and olive halves to tops of croissants for eyes. Tuck in
- parsley for eyelashes.
- In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, lemon juice and
- reserved red pepper and onion. Spoon onto croissant bottoms; replace
- tops. Add the claws, legs and mouths. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now