Here's a quick and zesty way to make tender crab cakes. Top your sandwich with avocado or pickles, or skip the bun and serve it on a bed of lettuce instead. —Margaret Lowenberg, Kingman, Arizona
- 10 saltines, crushed
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in crabmeat; let stand for 5 minutes. Shape mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p27
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Crab Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review