- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1 small red onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 4 croissants, split
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1 package (8 ounces) flake-style imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chop 1/2 cup pepper and 2 tablespoons onion; set aside for filling. From remaining peppers, cut four sets of claws and legs. Cut four thin slices of remaining onion for mouths.
- Cut eight thin slices of egg white. Using toothpicks, attach egg slices and olive halves to tops of croissants for eyes. Tuck in parsley for eyelashes.
- In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat, mayonnaise, lemon juice and reserved red pepper and onion. Spoon onto croissant bottoms; replace tops. Add the claws, legs and mouths. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p11
Reviews for Crab Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Dinner Recipes >