Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 cups cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 48 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 48 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Green onions, cut into thin strips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; gently stir in crab and eggs. Refrigerate.
- 2. With a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut a circle from each slice of bread. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Top with lettuce and 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of crab salad; sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with onion strips if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches
"This is a simple but tasty crab egg scald. My family enjoys it and it is prefect for a tea party. Something fun from time to time"
"Outstanding. My New Year's Eve guests gobbled these down and asked for the recipe. I will make these again. The same recipe could be made using chicken instead of the crab, or even shrimp would work."