I make these sandwiches for showers, weddings, and special family events. I got the recipe from a friend many years ago while attending the wedding of their daughter. They are so delicious, you can't stop at just one. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 cups cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 48 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 48 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Green onions, cut into thin strips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; gently stir in crab and eggs. Refrigerate.
- With a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut a circle from each slice of bread. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Top with lettuce and 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of crab salad; sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with onion strips if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p51
Reviews for Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2016
"Outstanding. My New Year's Eve guests gobbled these down and asked for the recipe. I will make these again. The same recipe could be made using chicken instead of the crab, or even shrimp would work."