I make these sandwiches for showers, weddings, and special family events. I got the recipe from a friend many years ago while attending the wedding of their daughter. They are so delicious, you can't stop at just one. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 cups reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 cups cooked fresh or canned crabmeat
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 48 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 48 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Green onions, cut into thin strips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; gently stir in crab and eggs. Refrigerate.
- With a 3-in. round cookie cutter, cut a circle from each slice of bread. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Top with lettuce and 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of crab salad; sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with onion strips if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p51
Reviews for Crab Salad Tea Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review