If you're looking for a delightful luncheon main course, this just might fit the bill. Everyone who's tried this salad has raved about it.
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, vegetables and seasonings. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili sauce and lemon juice; pour over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Arrange lettuce on four individual plates or serving plate. Top with crab salad; garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Salad Supreme in Country June/July 1992, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Salad Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review