Crab Rockefeller Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese and stir until smooth. Add the spinach and crab.
- 2. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.