When you're entertaining seafood lovers, you can't go wrong with this delightful main course. It has such rich flavor! The spinach and golden crumb topping make the casserole look very attractive.
Arthurdale, West Virginia
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until
- smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese and stir
- until smooth. Add the spinach and crab.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Melt the remaining
- butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 430 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon