Crab Rice Primavera Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups frozen vegetable blend (broccoli, red pepper, onions and mushrooms))
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 pound flaked imitation crabmeat
- 1-1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, basil, garlic powder and crab. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
One 1-cup serving (prepared with fat-free milk) equals 325 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.