"I try to take a lunch to work as often as possible," writes Keyport, New Jersey's Michelle Armistead. "This colorful taste entree reheats so well that its leftovers have become one of my all-time brown-bag favorites."
- 1-1/2 cups frozen vegetable blend (broccoli, red pepper, onions and mushrooms))
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 pound flaked imitation crabmeat
- 1-1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, basil, garlic powder and crab. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Crab Rice Primavera in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Rice Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review