Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. Cut wonton wrappers into thirds. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips, a few at a time, for 10-20 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in crab and onions. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Top with sweet-and-sour sauce. Serve with wonton chips. Yield: 3 cups spread (180 chips).
2 tablespoons spread with 7 wonton chips equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer