Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. Cut wonton wrappers into thirds. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips, a few at a time, for 10-20 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in crab and onions. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Top with sweet-and-sour sauce. Serve with wonton chips. Yield: 3 cups spread (180 chips).
1 each: 140 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread
"This recipe is awesome. Always receive compliments when I bring it to a gathering."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer