Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread
Crisp, deep-fried wonton strips are a perfect accompaniment to a classic, creamy crab spread. Sweet-and-sour sauce adds fantastic flavor.—Gina Muller, Monroe, Iowa
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- Cut wonton wrappers into thirds. In an electric skillet or deep
- fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips, a few at a time, for
- 10-20 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper
- towels; sprinkle with salt.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in
- crab and onions. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in.
- disk. Top with sweet-and-sour sauce. Serve with wonton chips. Yield:
- 3 cups spread (180 chips).
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons spread with 7 wonton chips equals 140 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 365 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin