Crisp, deep-fried wonton strips are a perfect accompaniment to a classic, creamy crab spread. Sweet-and-sour sauce adds fantastic flavor.—Gina Muller, Monroe, Iowa
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jar (10 ounces) sweet-and-sour sauce
- Cut wonton wrappers into thirds. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wonton strips, a few at a time, for 10-20 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with salt.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in crab and onions. Transfer to a serving plate; shape into a 6-in. disk. Top with sweet-and-sour sauce. Serve with wonton chips. Yield: 3 cups spread (180 chips).
Originally published as Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p32
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crab Rangoon Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review