Crab Rangoon Cheese Ball Recipe
My whole family loves crab rangoon, so I wanted to come up with a healthier version—no deep frying! Word of advice: Make a double batch. This won't last long! —Bridget Mooney, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained or 6 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Stir in crab. Shape mixture into a ball; coat with chives. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Cut wonton wrappers diagonally in half; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Serve with cheese ball. Yield: 2 cups (48 wonton chips).
2 tablespoons with 3 chips equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC