Crab Rangoon Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained or 6 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic and Worcestershire sauce until blended. Stir in crab. Shape mixture into a ball; coat with chives. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut wonton wrappers diagonally in half; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Spritz with cooking spray; sprinkle with sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Serve with cheese ball. Yield: 2 cups (48 wonton chips).
Reviews for Crab Rangoon Cheese Ball(5)
Sort By :
My husband and I really enjoyed this cheese ball. I lightly brushed the wontons with garlic-flavored olive oil instead of spritzing them with cooking spray, and will definitely do that again! Not only did it enhance the flavor of the chips, but the sesame seeds stuck better too.
My husband and I love crab Rangoon so I had to give this a try. I was expecting this to taste more like it than it did. It had a good flavor but not like crab Rangoon and unfortunately I would prefer to make another cheese ball from my recipes instead of this. I did love the taste of baking the wanton wrappers. I will be doing that part again for other spreads.
My family likes this. I also brought this to a Christmas get - together and it was well - received.
The Cheese Ball was great, the sesame seeds on the chips, not so much :( They just fall off, cooking spray is not enough to hold them on the chips. Skip the seeds altogether or add them to the outside of the cheese ball along with the chives!!
I made this for Thanksgiving and it got rave reviews! I wanted to make sure I brought something no one else might have but a twist on a classic. Will definitely be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Ball Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Spread Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Appetizers >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Appetizers >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >