Bite into these golden appetizers and you'll find a creamy crab filling that rivals restaurant fare. Best of all, these crowd-pleasers are baked and not fried, so you don't have to feel guilty about enjoying them.
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 14 wonton wrappers
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Stir in crab and onion. Place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; bring corners to center over filling and press edges together to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly spray wontons with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Originally published as Crab Rangoon in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p29
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Crab Rangoon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review