Chopped green onions and sweet red pepper bring a bit of color to this golden entree. The creamy filling features imitation crabmeat and Swiss cheese, making it a morning mainstay that brunch guests will clear their plates for.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
- Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Crab Quiche in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p56
Reviews for Crab Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review