- transfer to crust. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt,
- pepper, seafood seasoning and pepper sauce. Pour over crab mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand for 5
- minutes before cutting.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly
- whisk the egg yolks, water and lemon juice until mixture reaches
- 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Reduce heat to low. Slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking
- constantly. Whisk in pepper. Serve immediately with quiche. Yield: 6
- servings (2/3 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 511 calories, 38 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 310 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.