Crab Quiche Bake
"On a farm, a hearty breakfast is a given," comments Nancy Robaidek of Krakow, Wisconsin. Loaded with cheese, this satisfying crab casserole is an easy-to-assemble addition to a brunch buffet.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 305 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 273 mg cholesterol, 697 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot