Crab Puffs Recipe
If you're looking for a scrumptious way to get a party started, bring out a tray of these cheesy crab puffs. They bake up golden brown and taste wonderful right out of the oven. Try serving them with soup instead of bread or crackers.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, mustard, salt, cumin and hot pepper sauce to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny. Stir in the cheese and crab.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 23-26 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 pieces) equals 162 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC