Crab Puffs Recipe
If you're looking for a scrumptious way to get a party started, bring out a tray of these cheesy crab puffs. They bake up golden brown and taste wonderful right out of the oven. Try serving them with soup instead of bread or crackers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, mustard, salt, cumin and hot pepper sauce to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny. Stir in the cheese and crab.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 23-26 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 pieces) equals 162 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC