Crab Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, mustard, salt, cumin and hot pepper sauce to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until smooth and shiny. Stir in the cheese and crab.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 23-26 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
3 piece: 162 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Crab Puffs
"Can these be made the night before and then reheated in the microwave?"
"I'm rating this a 5 star cause I just made them for a tailgate party this past Sunday and the guys went CRAZY! We dipped them in my homemade chili... WOW! Fabulous-"
"OMG, this recipe was so good! I'm not sure where you went wrong, MaryBrehm, but my puffs turned out perfectly. I even took them to my alma mater football tailgate on Saturday. They were a hit!"
"Wow! Where did I go wrong? The batter was as thin as pancake batter. These never did puff up like the photo. Is this supposed to use self-rising flour or baking soda/powder? In frustration I poured the batter into a pie pan and baked it. It turned out somewhat like a quiche. It does have a wonderful flavor."