Crab Potato Salad
"This recipe has been in my husband's family for 100 years," says Clarice Schweitzer of Sun City, Arizona. "The only change I've made is to replace the canned crab with imitation crabmeat. It's always a success at get-togethers."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to
- a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, crab, onion, salt, pepper and
- dill. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before
- serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 479 calories, 44 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.