Crab Potato Salad Recipe
"This recipe has been in my husband's family for 100 years," says Clarice Schweitzer of Sun City, Arizona. "The only change I've made is to replace the canned crab with imitation crabmeat. It's always a success at get-togethers."
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, crab, onion, salt, pepper and dill. Add mayonnaise; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 479 calories, 44 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC