Crab Pesto Cheesecake Recipe
This savory cheesecake is a sure hit for entertaining. Serve it with crackers or baguette slices. Pesto brings out the best in the crabmeat.—Carolyn Butterfield, Lake Stevens, Washington
- 1 cup crushed roasted vegetable-flavored butter crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh crabmeat
- 1 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, chopped
- Additional prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, Asiago cheese, pesto, lemon peel and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in crab and artichokes. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove sides of pan. Drizzle with additional pesto; serve with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 slice: 188 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Crab Pesto Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC