Crab Patties Recipe
“I’ve been whipping up batches of these delicious patties for years,“ writes Paula Marchesi from Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. “They’re always a hit—whether I serve them for brunch, lunch or a quick dinner to friends, family or even the grandkids.“ TIP: For a less filling alternative, serve the patties on lettuce and top with lemon wedges and sweet pickles instead of sliced tomato.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Add crab and mix well. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. Place the English muffins on a baking sheet. Spread with remaining mayonnaise. Top with tomato, crab patties and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC