Crab Patties Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Add crab and mix well. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2. Place the English muffins on a baking sheet. Spread with remaining mayonnaise. Top with tomato, crab patties and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Crab Patties
"I love this recipe, but don't serve it with the english muffin."
"I exchanged sour cream for the mayo ( our family is not crazy about hot mayo). I shaped into patties and baked instead of fried. Delicious! As like cyounce's review, we also call them "Crabbie Patties". LOL!"
"My family enjoyed these for a light dinner. I used hamburger buns since I didn't have English muffins on hand. Also left out the red pepper because I didn't have that either. I called them "Crabbie Patties" from the Spongebob cartoon & my son thought that was great."