Crab Mornay Recipe
"I sometimes have unexpected dinner guests, so I keep the ingredients for this easy microwave entree on hand," relates Beverly Callison of Memphis, Tennessee. Prepared pastry shells overflow with a creamy combination of canned crab and mushrooms. "I serve this with a packaged salad and receive lots of compliments on the meal."
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, place butter in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until melted. Add the mushrooms, onions and pimientos. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir into the vegetable mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Add the cheese, crab, salt and cayenne.
- Cook, covered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Spoon into the pastry shells; sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Crab Mornay in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Mornay
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2011
This is not only good, but good presentation also.
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2010
easy, fun and elegant. I like most stuff served in these shells!