Crab Melts Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Place muffins on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread each muffin half with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
2 muffin halves (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheeses) equals 346 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.