These special open-faced sandwiches from Donna Bennett of Washougal, Washington have wonderful crab and cheese flavor. "This recipe closely resembles a dish my husband and I enjoyed at a favorite restaurant several years ago," Donna writes.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 2 English muffins, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, celery and onion. Place muffins on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until toasted. Spread each muffin half with crab mixture. Top with tomato and cheeses; sprinkle with paprika. Broil until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab Melts in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p37
Reviews for Crab Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review