Crab Melt Loaf Recipe
Our brood loves seafood, and this recipe is a nice switch from more traditional sandwiches. I've served big slices of the bread for lunch, Sunday brunch and as a field meal for my husband, Mike.—Louise Fauth, Foremost, Alberta
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, onions and celery. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Spread over bread bottom; replace top.
- 2. Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 389 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Crab Melt Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC