Our brood loves seafood, and this recipe is a nice switch from more traditional sandwiches. I've served big slices of the bread for lunch, Sunday brunch and as a field meal for my husband, Mike.—Louise Fauth, Foremost, Alberta
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, split
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, onions and celery. Stir in the cheese, salt and pepper. Spread over bread bottom; replace top.
- Wrap in a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crab Melt Loaf in Country Woman March/April 2000, p37
Reviews for Crab Melt Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review